Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Everything Hurts Except My Soul

Please check out these fitbit statistics from yesterday:
Our campus is on spring break, and that is the traditional week that I get our front yard spring ready. Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain everyday but yesterday here. Fortunately, my student teachers had a work day yesterday and didn't need me. So...instead of spreading all of that yard work over a week I did it all yesterday. Our front beds are weeded, bushes and trees pruned, and the spring pillows are on the front porch.

I was pretty tired by the time Evan got off the bus, but it is sweetheart week at dance this week. Every dancer is invited to bring someone special to class with them, and I got to go with Issa last night. I thought we might learn a little combo. And we did. And we also did their stretch routine and turns and leaps across the floor. We were originally slated to do 45 minutes, but they invited us to stay for the second class, so I danced for an hour and half.

This morning, I did manage to get up and do my workout, but I'm pretty sure every muscle in my body is screaming at me this morning. Even my toes hurt from turning.

But...my soul is so full. I spent a full day in the sunshine listening to nothing but birds and the wind in the trees. I got to dance with my girl and see her face light up when I tried--even when I was terrible. This soul feeling is absolutely worth every muscle screaming at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment