Wednesday, July 21, 2021

That Was Bizarre

 Yesterday, I actually drove to Charlotte for a face-to-face meeting of a state-wide board. It was utterly bizarre. I used to do this several times a semester, but I haven't made a drive that long alone for nearly two years--much less drive it twice in one day. It was great to see everyone, but it also felt like a tremendous time sink. We toured a new hotel for a possible future conference, but I have to think that everything else could have been discussed on Zoom and I could have saved five hours. We decided the next several meetings would be back on Zoom for that very reason.

This really is a whole new world, where some of the old normal seems odd and some of the new normal feels so much better. I can't wait to see what we build.

No comments:

Post a Comment