Monday, May 16, 2022

A Weekend of Celebrating

This was a weekend full of celebrating! Class Day was really something special. I got to change the bow to the Victory Bow since the Crook was not found this year:
And deliver all of the gifts:
It really is a special moment. It was so lovely to spend the afternoon with the class I advised, and I was surprised how many of them I really knew. Since I work with them in little groups, I didn't realize just how many of them there were. In the highest compliment college kids can give, the officers kicked in to give me an Olive Garden gift card, which was a total surprise. And this moment:
I won't lie. I cried. I've never been so tired at the end of a year, but I'm so glad I got to help them end their senior year well.

Saturday I was back on campus at 7am to set up for graduation one:

Graduation two got a little rainy, but we made it, and the hooding was a complete success! I was home by 6, where I promptly melted into the couch.

Yesterday was my Mother's Day, and my family spoiled me. I never left the bed room! All three meals--and snacks!--were delivered to bed. They got new cat toys to entice my felines to spend the day with me:

Everyone rotated throughL
Issa and I also watched a stupid amount of Vampire Diaries:
They got be good wine and excellent olive oil. It really was a perfect day and exactly what I needed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment