Tuesday, October 3, 2023

What a Whirlwind...

Last week was straight up fueled by coffee in my cute travel mug:
We had our big state conference last week, and while I'm finally not co-chairing the event, but I'm still the president elect, which made for a very, very busy Wednesday through Friday. I was leaving the house at 7am and getting home about 9. Thankfully, I was home by 5 on Friday so we could go to the football game. Kai's banner was debuted:
And we had high hopes in the first quarter:
But we still lost 0-43.

Saturday I absolutely hit the wall. I was barely human. Thankfully, we had minimal plans. Brad did all the cooking, and I spent most of the day reading in my treehouse. Saturday night, we did our first family movie night in the gazebo:


Brad and I spent the night out there, and I woke Sunday feeling recharged. Fresh air and sleep does wonders.

Sunday, I finished book 29:
It's the first of a trilogy, and I loved it! Set in the 1890s, it's part mystery mostly romance. You see where it's going, but there are enough little twists to keep it interesting! I already started the second book, and it's just as good!

We girls also got to return to the ballet Sunday afternoon:
The main ballet was Firebird, but the two modern debuts stole the show for us!

This week is a little more forgiving, and I'm so grateful for the time to recharge!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment