Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Book 14

I finished book 14 last week:
I originally picked this one up for a book club that fell through, and I've been grappling with it for the past week. I loved the beginning of the book and the way the author set up his argument, but the actual implementation of the strategies was not great. Most of the "solutions" were white privilege at its finest. My person favorite: I just check myself into a monastery for one full day a month. Bless.

What I did appreciate was the premise of not just doing what we think Jesus would do but being like him. Jesus didn't rush. He sat with people and was fully present whatever the moment was. I also learned that the word that is often translated to "desert" can also be translated "solitude." It's not that Jesus went off to the desert for the desert's sake. He sought solitude to recenter as He was doing the work.

I'm really trying to find the time to recenter this summer--daily when I can. It's a practice for sure, but I think it's one with pursuing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment