Monday, September 9, 2024

I'm Calling It Fall

It may still be in the upper seventies around here, but the leaves are starting to change so I'm calling it fall.

It started in the pottery studio, where I started a set of leaf napkin rings to use for Thanksgiving:
Mom was horrified by the state of my silver ones last year, and I don't have it in me to polish. I'm sure excited by these, though. I also made a new friend at the studio:
The Farmer's Market has transitioned to fall, and was got some Bramley apples as the suggestion of my apple guy when Brad mentioned he wanted a pie:
The apples are super tart, and they hold their shape insanely well. It is my new favorite pie apple.

I also made these cinnamon pop tart cookies:

They are a lot of fuss but not hard, and they are also worth every since moment of fuss.

We ended our weekend with our first fire of the season:

I posted the pie on socials, and Issa texted almost immediately horrified that I had made pie when she wasn't there. The perk of working on campus is I brought her some today. I just leave it on my table, and she comes in and gets it while I'm out of the office in meetings. She has a good thing going.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment