Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Surprise!

When the trailers for Call of the Wild came out, Evan thought it looked like a great movie. I told him then that if he read the book and talked with me about it I would take him to see it in the theaters.

He read, and loved, the whole book! Bless his heart, he was devastated when John dies, and he was so thrilled to imagine Buck running with the timbre wolves. It's not an easy read, but he did it.

So...yesterday after school, I waited for the bus. As soon as he got off, I just told him to get in the car. He had no idea where we were going, but he figured it out as we got closer: 
He was beyond thrilled--and too darn cute. Every time there was a tense moment, he would lean over and tell me what was going to happen so I wouldn't worry. It was hysterical.

We don't often manage to pull off these surprises, but I sure do love it when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment