Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Day 240: Little Happies

Yesterday was solidly questionable in an emotional roller coaster kind of way. Lots of little things went a little sideways, and then I have to officially cancel my study abroad program for May. I know it is absolutely the right call, but I'm still so sad about it.

Then my Better Homes and Gardens arrived like this:
I read this magazine cover to cover as a treat to myself every month, and this month it was cut crooked. The top half inch was missing on every page. But...as I was lying in bed last night, sipping my tea by the virtual fire, settling in to read, I realized all of the good stuff was still there. How very 2020.

Even on the questionable day, all of the good stuff was still there. My family was there to help all day. When I cancelled the program, good work friends called and texted to check on me. We found time to do a little more Christmas-ing and we had a really fun family dinner. It's all good. 

Buddy the Elf has been bringing us great joy this season--as always. It's one of those little traditions that is making us very happy. Yesterday, he brought things to make a thank you basket for the delivery drivers. Evan wanted to make a separate bag for our mail carrier since she doesn't usually come to the porch:

The basket is one the porch and ready for any deliveries:
I'm grateful for the moments to slow down in this season and give back. To remember what the holidays are all about. To celebrate the little happies. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment