Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Day 245: Dark Magic

 Last night was one of those family dinners that I wanted to freeze in time. Since I have fewer meetings, I had made spaghetti with homemade breadsticks, which is always a family favorite. We saw our first snow flurries yesterday, and the day just felt a little extra cozy and magical. We lit the candles, and Buddy had brought a bowl of Would You Rather questions a few days ago that made its way to the table.

The fun of dinner, though, really started with a little unintentional elfin dark magic. Yesterday, Buddy brought North Pole Snowman Juice, which tasted a lot like water with some spearmint. I interpreted that to mean that this is the juice snowmen drink. The rest of my family, however, is convinced it is made of snowmen. It turned into this whole elf versus snowman war story. It was hysterical. 

We spent nearly an hour playing Would You Rather and laughing. It was nothing extraordinary, but it was just lovely. I'm hoping for more of that magic this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment