Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Unrush Me...

Unrush me.

That is my prayer and my focus this week. Although summer should be a lot less stressful and hectic, I always find the opposite to be true. I think it's the lack of consistent schedule. Each week is a little different based on camps and everything else, and I tend to set too many goals for things I will accomplish in the summers. Too often, I find myself just trying to get through the day, and that's not how I want to live my life.

I also know I set the tone for our home. If I'm frantic and grumpy, so is everyone else. I want to exude joy--not grumpiness. It's a choice. All of life is just a series of choices. So...I'm choosing joy. One choice at a time. At least I'm trying.

I saw a necklace through my devotion site that is beautiful, and in tiny font it reads, "Unrush Me." As much as I would love the physical reminder, I'm also very content with the sentiment and grateful that it came into my life at the perfect time. I have written it in the corner of my white board as a reminder, and today I am choosing to slow down, focus on one thing at a time, and choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment