Thursday, May 2, 2019

Heart Happies

We've been having a bit of a week. Our air conditioner died; replacement is scheduled for next week. Thankfully, it's only May and we're managing with fans! The tree closest to our house died; removal scheduled for next week. Brad had a surprise trip to Canada pop up. It's been nuts.

So...I'm making an extra effort to focus on the little things that are making me happy.

Tuesday night, I got to go see the Heels baseball team with this guy and his buddies:
 It started hot, but as the sun set it was a beautiful night for a ball game. They got to meet their UNC pen pals, and you haven't lived until you've heard a bunch of fourth grade boys who don't play baseball discuss the finer points of the game.

Yesterday, the kids didn't have school so I took them to Sky Zone to get out of the house during the heat of the day. Evan goes for height:
Issa goes for style:
 Since I'm leaving for Italy in a week I went with observation. With the luck we've been having, I was certain I would break something.

And this has made me deliriously happy:

We joined another CSA, Humble Umble. This is a small farm run by the woman I took my first herbalist lesson from. Every Wednesday fresh produce and flowers arrive on my porch from their farm, and these flowers are making me very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment