Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Making friends with nature...

The end of last week brought a little drama. I already mentioned we are without AC and we had a dying tree. Well...Thursday night Issa woke me up because there was a bat in her room. I know he got in through my bathroom window; the screen was missing and I forgot to put the window down when I went to bed. Issa a super calm. She woke up because she heard it chittering and the wing flapping. He was doing lovely loops around her room.

I called Brad to help me think this through, and after consulting the google we realized we needed animal control to come get said bat since she had been asleep with it in her room--as had I. We got the cat out easily, but then I had to make many trips in and out in between his loops to get her clothes for the next day and everything else she needed. We closed the door and I called animal control in the morning. They were awesome, and they managed to locate the bat and remove it in record time. That said, I spent the rest of the day praying he didn't have rabies. I've never been so glad to get a call in my life! We are all clear, but I am still just a little jumpy around any noise that sounds like bat wings.

Friday afternoon, the tree guy called to see if he could come take out the tree before last weekend's storms. Yes, please! Our house looks so much bigger now:
 While the kids were with Mom Friday night, I spent the evening mowing, weeding, and pruning.

With that giant tree gone, we have regained our front porch! Just look at that view and sky:
Every night we have sat on the porch, and the dogs are loving it, too:
It's been a lovely way to make friends with nature again after our little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment