Monday, July 22, 2019

Lovely Weekend

 This weekend was exactly what I needed. It had been a zoo of a work at week (hello 14 hour days on campus!), and I was running on fumes by Friday.

Friday night, Brad and I finally tried a new restaurant in town, and we will absolutely be back! It's the perfect mix of old farm house and contemporary art, and the food is incredible!

Saturday, Brad and I went to our first pottery class! These are my birthday gift after I got the bug in Deruta. I am by no means a natural, but the class is only four students with a fabulous teacher who believes you learn by doing. I did manage to make two bowls, so I'll take it! I am finding a lot of joy in the clay process, and I have a feeling I may be spending a lot of time in the studio.

Sunday, we went to see the Lion King, which was really good, and then came back to try our hand at sushi! Issa loves California rolls, and I've been promising we would learn to make them:
Ta-da!
They weren't perfect, but we just kept getting better and better!

It was a great weekend of rest and restoration--just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment