Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Day 175: Thanks Goodness for Fall

 It finally feels like fall around here. Today, I'm in booties and a sweater, and it was 54 degrees when I got in my car to come to work. It's lovely.

This is actually day number two of cooler temps, and I'm so grateful for that! I took the kids to the dentist yesterday morning, and we had another surreal Covid moment. We fully expected the waiting room to look different, and we knew our temperatures would be checked. I was not at all surprised by how well the kids' dentist was handling all the new safety measures, and the kids are totally used to going back to have their teeth cleaned while I sit in the waiting room. However, I was not prepared to wait in my car for the kiddos. It was a beautiful morning, and I didn't mind rolling the windows down and enjoying a little fresh air while I worked. It was odd, though, and the kids said it was really weird being walked out the back door by their hygienist and brought to the car. 

That said, for the first time ever they both got great reports, no referrals, and it was just a regular trip to the dentist. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment