Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Days 166-168: Holiday Week-ending

This weekend actually felt like a holiday weekend. 

Saturday, Brad and I went for a two mile run:

Had you told me a month ago that I would run two miles soon, I would have laughed my head off. I loved it, though, and it was so fun to do it with Brad.

Sunday morning, Brad set out to redo our garage again, and the kids and I took off to the visit Jennifer and John at the lake. They talked the entire way there about playing on this mat:
They love balancing and running on that mat, and they also loved paddle boarding:

Evan got really good and was on his feet moving very quickly, but I didn't get that picture. Issa also had a blast paddle boarding around the cove:

We spent the day floating in the cove and talking on the dock. We then went out for the traditional sunset boat ride:
Evan and John swam, but we girls thought it was way too cold:
This is Evan's best life:
Issa loves the lake and watching the sunset:
We also did a bonfire and smores to end the day:
I had a work meeting Monday morning, but the kids went with Jennifer and John for one more boat ride and swim before we headed home. It was a lovely, quiet weekend with friends, and I think it is exactly what we needed. Brad also loved having the house to himself for the first time since February.

We had mom over for dinner last night, and we all collapsed into bed early. Now we have another full week ahead that ends in Issa's birthday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment