Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Day 229: Winter Ready

Issa's new favorite word is ennui, and yesterday morning I woke up with plenty of it. I had a ton of work to do but no meetings until I taught at 5. I needed to run a couple of errands, but that takes a tremendous amount of effort these days. In short, I was in a funk and didn't feel like doing anything. 

Every morning, I start my day with a workout and a meditation. Yesterday, I had a cup of coffee and graded some papers before I did either. After a killer workout, I decided to try a new breathing technique during my meditation, and let me tell you it is the cure for ennui. Fire breath left me energized but completely unable to sit still. So...I winterized the front yard:

 All of our bushes and trees are pruned, and the beds are ready for the first frost this week. It meant I had to work a little later last night, but working in the yard always grounds me, and I went back inside in a much better place. And...I think the front looks pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment