Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Arts

I've never considered myself an artist; my sister got all of that talent in our family. But...I have always loved the arts, and during the pandemic I found myself more drawn to them. As we are beginning to emerge, I am finding new ways to enjoy them and lean into them as a relief for the stress that is whatever this era is.

I'm still making time to go to the pottery studio. Last week, I picked up the finished incense burner I made for Issa:
I went ahead and scheduled studio time through December. Centering clay centers me, and there is value in making space for that.

Thursday night, we grabbed our vaccine cards and went back to DPAC for the first time:

While I have loved watching amazing theatre broadcast right into my home, it was so good to be back in the theatre and watching actors live on stage. Since we have two seasons of shows in one, we have tickets about twice a month, and I'm not complaining!

Last night, I also went back to the barre for the first time since I was 17. I'm taking a pure ballet class. No recital, just the barre and the marley and a lot of joy.

I'm listening to more music than NPR, and I'm so appreciate of all the artists that make all of this possible for me. I think I'll just keep leaning in...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment