Monday, February 14, 2022

A Very Happy Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day! I woke up early this morning to decorate the kitchen for the occasion:
From February 1 through today I leave a little treat or note or something our every morning for my people. This morning, they woke up to these phone stands I made at the pottery studio:
Not only will it prop the phone up while you watch something, but it will also amplify the sound.

We are having steaks and tiramisu tonight, and we will spend the evening just being together. It will make me very happy.

I think one of the reasons that I love this holiday so much is that this guy and I had our first date 24 years ago today:

He planned a whole perfect day, and it didn't go totally to plan, but it was still perfect. That could be the mantra of our last 24 years. Not everything has gone exactly as we planned; we've had a lot of surprises--both good and bad--along the way. He will always be my Valentine, and I can't wait to see what the next 24 years hold.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment