Monday, February 28, 2022

What a Weekend

This weekend was a wonderful blur! 

Friday night, Brad and I actually went out to dinner for date night. Usually by Friday we just kind of collapse, but we went up to Nomad. We don't go often, but every time we do we feel like we should go more often. They had a wide-ranging menu with a lot of great options for Brad. And they made a killer Old Fashioned.

Saturday, the boys had Winterquest and Issa had her Studio Share! The boys opted to stay virtual again this year and ninja from the garage. Issa and I headed to Mebane where her team took the stage for the first time:
I simply could not be more proud of this girl:
Before the show, she spent all of her time with her littles, making sure they were ready and confident:

And this woman--I am so grateful for all that she pours into Issa and the way she builds her up as a dancer and a human:
Issa's first dance was her solo, and there was an issue with her music. The entire base line was missing, which meant the first six counts of her music simply didn't exist; her choreography starts on count two. After the second restart of the music I went sprinting backstage, sure I would find a nervous mess. I did not. She was calm and poised. The third time she just started mid-choreo and danced the whole thing to the wrong music. And she danced beautifully! A year ago, she wouldn't have been able to stay that composed or make the choreo adjustments so that the dance made sense to this new music. She felt great, and danced the next two pieces the best I've ever seen her dance--even the jumps since she was cleared Thursday. 

I love the whole day. It was just a relaxed celebration of dance, and the girls and moms fully supported each other. Even with the stress of a messed up stereo that we eventually got going (after Issa's solo), people were calm and happy. It's blissful.

We rushed home for me to change so Brad, Mom, and I could go see Hadestown at DPAC:

It might be the best show I've ever seen. I know every lyric, but seeing it on stage was a whole different vision. 

Saturday, the boys headed out to garage, Issa headed to the studio to dance with the two other studios from the studio share, and I went to the pottery studio. I didn't manage to actually create anything, but I did bring home this beauty:

It's the largest piece I've ever done, and I kind of love it. It was designed as a berry bowl, so there are holes for air to pass to keep the berries fresher longer. 

We also started cleaning out and reorganizing the music room/office yesterday. We are adding a second desk for family use and just straightening up. 

I am exhausted, but it was a good weekend. I wouldn't change a thing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment