Thursday, October 27, 2022

This Was New

I've presented at a lot of conferences in my career, and several years ago I stopped getting nervous...until this week.

I was invited to present at the North Carolina School Psychologist Association conference about family involvement this week. I've done a lot of research there, and I genuinely love presenting about it. It was a bonus that this is the first time I've ever actually gotten paid to present. It was not a familiar audience, though, and this is what was waiting for me when I got there:
They told me to expect about 30 people split between the room and zoom. I didn't realize that they had hired a firm to do the filming and zooming and running of my slide deck. I also ended up with 78 people in the room and 30 on zoom. I was nervous.

But...it went well. I genuinely enjoyed the session once we got going, and participants seemed appreciative at the end. I learned a lot from a different perspective at the conference, and I would definitely do again--just maybe with more lipstick next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment