Thursday, November 10, 2022

A Practice in Gratitude

 

Every once in a while I realize that what I do at work could only happen because I lead an education department. One of my big goals as department chair is to help people take time to celebrate and create a true team culture. Thanksgiving is a great time to do all of that, and so I launched two gratitude activities yesterday!

To celebrate our individual gifts, I made hand turkeys:
We will each draw a random person and write what we are grateful for about them on the feathers. We will then exchange them at the last meeting before Thanksgiving!

Our students have also been driving us nuts; it's that time of the semester, so I made a giant turkey for the office door:

Faculty are adding things we appreciate about our students to the tail feathers, and by Thanksgiving we should have a full tail.

I was giddy, and people are excited to participate. It's simple, and it's a great way to model these kinds of activities for our students. And really, who couldn't use a little more practice in gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment