Wednesday, January 4, 2023

And a Happy New Year

Our week between Christmas and New Year's was even more quiet than planned because Brad finally caught Covid. That leaves Evan as the last man standing in the house. Thankfully, Brad's case was mild and we have a system. He sequestered himself in the master bedroom/bathroom and we delivered everything via tray left outside the door. The rest of us stayed healthy--just snuggled up in the house so we wouldn't risk exposing anyone.

We spent the week undecorating, watching movies, and just being. Issa and I did a little crafting; Evan did a lot of video gaming. This is the only picture I took on New Year's:
I love Christmas, but I also love enjoying how big the house feels once it's put back to rights. Brad was able to come out of isolation on New Year's Eve, and he joined us just for a little bit to enjoy a series of courses of appetizers and then watch the ball drop. 

Today is the first day he doesn't have to mask, and I'm deep cleaning the master suite. I'm so excited to move back in and be back in my bed instead of the couch, and he's so excited to be all the way out and about. 2023 is already on an upswing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment