Friday, January 13, 2023

Book One

Late last October we got a sauna. Every morning, I now start my day with a yoga practice followed by 30 minutes sitting in the sauna. I read more books just for fun in the last quarter of last year than I had read in the past five years. It's blissful.

This year, I thought I would track what I read. I don't have a numerical goal, but I thought it might be fun to see what I read. I have literal piles of books I've been collecting and wanting to read, so I have plenty to choose from. My plan is to rotate between non-fiction and non-fiction. The one hard rule is I don't read anything connected to my work. This is just for fun.

Yesterday, I finished the first book of the year:

 I bought this when it was first published, and I'm so glad I read it. I appreciate her candor and optimism. I have always admired her, but I have an even greater appreciation of all that she did and is continuing to do for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment