Monday, March 27, 2023

A Weekend of Art

The past weekend was one for the arts. Saturday, Brad and I went to see the opera Orpheus and Eurydice at the Triangle Chamber Orchestra:
The music was beautiful, but the evening was utterly bizarre. I felt badly for the orchestra; it was their show but they were literally background for the vocalists. This particular opera also bring Eurydice back to life. Brad had to finally tell me he was done talking about it about two hours after the show. I went down so many rabbit holes about mythology and this particular opera.

Sunday, I went to the pottery studio, and I made what may be my favorite piece. Evan requested a Black Dragon mug:


It still needs to be trimmed and then glazed black, but I'm pretty tickled.

Sunday afternoon, we girls went to the ballet:
There were four beautiful pieces, but Chiarosicuri (translated clear dark) was a beautiful play on light and shadow where a male dancer had the lead. It was modern and interesting and I'm still replaying it in my mind.

This week is spring break for the kids, so it will be a little easier around here, which will be lovely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment