Monday, August 5, 2024

Updates and Book 17

The past week has been an absolute whirlwind. I head back to full-time on campus work next week, Issa is in the mountains with Kai's family this week, and she moves to campus in two weeks. That means we spent last week cramming a lot in!

Issa and I wrapping up a six week pottery class. It's been fun doing it with her, and I have learned a ton to round out some of my pottery skills. I'm currently in love with making candle holders:
We also spent a chunk of time planning Issa's dorm room and making the last shopping list. My very type-A child made a drawer outline so she could figure out exactly what would fit:
She actually has a lot of storage, and we went to IKEA and Target this weekend to get the very last things she needs. Her room is going to be so cozy, and she and her roommate are having big fun planning.

Nana is also off in Iceland this week. She had a delayed start thanks to Delta; I actually left Kai and Issa at DPAC to pick her up when the flight cancelled:

She was able to get a direct flight yesterday and met my sister there just a day behind schedule. She missed the settle in day, but she will be there for all of the big adventures!

And I finished book 17:

This was the sequel to the Undertaking of Hart and Mercy, and it was just as good if not better. A plot synopsis won't do it justice, but I appreciate the way Bannen creates very real, relatable characters in relationships in a fantasy world.

I'm gearing up for the semester this week and doing some packing for Issa. August is full steam ahead, but we are ready!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment