Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 57: A Lot of Work

I started teaching my summer intensive yesterday. It's a semester long course in three weeks; we meet all morning, every morning. It's brutal for everyone, but it is a great opportunity for students to catch up who may have come to teaching a little later in the game. I realized yesterday I have been teaching this course in both the summer and semester for literally a decade now. This is the first time it's fully online, though, and I'm not a fan. I miss being in a classroom with students. This is working, and I have no doubt they are learning, but I will never be a fan of fully online instruction.

After class, I had more work to do, and both kids spent the day working ahead for the week. Evan was desperate to have huge chunks of time to work on his Labo kit, so he did two days or work yesterday so he could do nothing but build today. Issa is trying to knock out her schoolwork early this week so she can focus on dance auditions at the end of the week. I think this has been the greatest gift of quarantine: my kiddos are learning time management in a whole new way that will serve them well in college.

Last night was also Evan's turn to cook! He made us bean burritos:
They were so yummy! Issa will make us lettuce wraps tonight, but for now I'm off to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment