Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Day 71: A Different Kind of Memorial Day

We had a very quiet day yesterday. Brad and Evan played a lot of video games. Issa and I took a walk and watched West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet. (I could not sell her on West Side Story.) 

Mom and Shannon came over for burgers on the grill, which was lovely, and we planned a little beach get-away for as soon as school is out.

Honestly, looking forward to the beach may be all that has us holding on right now. This should have been recital week, and we had more summer plans cancel this weekend. It's absolutely the right call, but it's hard. When we started this is in March, I don't think any of us had any idea how long it would last, and I think a summer of social distancing is just sounding hard right now.

We will rally. We always do. And for now, we are talking about the beach a lot. I'm sure once I finish this three-week intensive course and the kids finish should we will all settle into a new normal summer routine and all will be well again. For now, though, I'm willing to let everyone feel all the feelings for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment