Thursday, June 16, 2022

End of an Era

I've mentioned several times that we are slowly redoing our whole backyard. I had delusions that it would be completed this summer, but everything is just taking longer than I thought it would. There are more trees and vines to remove than I thought, and it just seems to be a lot more work than I imagined. But! We are slowly chipping away!

Next week, Issa and I are going to put the yard into her design program and come up with a complete vision and plan. I need that carrot as we are in the depths of the really hard work.

Evan has become my yard buddy. He is really strong and really helpful! Yesterday, we crossed a bit item off the list:
That would be the old sandbox out at the curb for bulk pick-up. We dug out the very little sand that was left, and then we had to unearth the sandbox itself; it had really settled in after 20 years. There is no way I could have done it by myself, but it feels to good to see a major item removed. Onward...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment