Monday, June 27, 2022

Quiet

 We had a much-needed quiet weekend. Issa finished her driver's ed. The boys spent time at the dojo. We rested.

We were quiet, and I'm very much still in that place. I'm gutted by the Supreme Court decision on Friday. Very rarely do I feel helpless, but I did on Friday. I'm still searching for the words and the next right thing, but please don't take my silence for complacency. I've just learned in my 42 years that sometimes it's best to not say the first things that come to mind.

I'm headed to the ocean on Saturday, and I don't think I've ever needed it more than I do right now. Hearing the waves and feeling so very small always brings much-needed perspective and clarity. After the last two months, I'm looking forward to the space to process and be.

No comments:

Post a Comment