Wednesday, June 22, 2022

God Wink

 The past 24 hours have held some major milestones for our girl. 

She is officially enrolled in her first Durham Tech class. She bought her first college textbook, and she logged on to the learning management system. I was ready to help, but the college counselor had done a great job with orientation and Issa flew through the process. It is so cool to watch her take that next step in her education, but it is bitter sweet to just be a spectator.

Brad dropped her off for her first set of driving hours this morning. We were all nervous! Issa was worried about driving on an actual road, and Brad and I were nervous to be sending her out in a car with someone we didn't know. When the instructor walked up, he was wearing a Northern High School shirt. Coach Spell and I worked together, and he is a great man and an even better driver's ed instructor. All of her hours will be with either Coach Spell or Coach Rodeo, another great man I used to to teach with. I'm a little worried about the stories they might tell, but I'm so, so glad that her time behind the wheel will be with those two men.

No comments:

Post a Comment