Thursday, June 2, 2022

Life, the Universe, and Everything

In Hitchiker's Guide to the Universe, they build a computer that can determine the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything. The answer the machine eventually gives is simple: 42.

Today begins my forty-second year. While I certainly haven't unlocked the meaning of life, I do think 42 is a pretty great number.

I still feel like I have a ton of life ahead of me, but this year I've noticed the subtle shift into a new phase of life.

Professionally, I've shifted from being one of the mentored to being more of a mentor. I certainly still have my own mentors! But...they aren't in the office anymore. Instead of walking down the hall for institutional memory, I'm asked for it. I doubt myself less. It's odd, but it also feels right.

Personally, I feel great! I know who I am. I know which hills I will die on, but I no longer feel the need to join every fray. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm truly okay with that. I have my tribe, and that is enough. 

I have high hopes for this year. Here's to 42...

No comments:

Post a Comment