Monday, January 22, 2018

A Momentous Day!

Twenty years ago today, Brad asked me out.

We joke all the time that getting married was the best worst decision we never made. We just knew we wanted to get married. Period. We didn't think about it. We just jumped in and figured everything out as we went.

Deciding to date him, though, that was quite the decision. We had been friends, but that was it. And I had just decided I wasn't going to date anyone until college. I was over high school boys. And then he asked. And he lived an hour away. But he was really nice. And he wasn't like the other boys. But we were going to two different colleges. This wasn't the plan.

It was the first time (of many)  he completely wrecked my perfect plan, and I'm so glad he did.

Two decades, babe, and you're still putting up with my plans and helping me be more spontaneous. Here's to the next twenty...

No comments:

Post a Comment