Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Happy Father's Day!

We had a ridiculously quiet Father's Day--just what Brad asked for. We made him his favorite breakfast, and he made himself the best steaks I have ever eaten for dinner. We learned a couple years ago that me grilling the steak does not a happy Father's day make. I know my limits.

To be honest, Brad spent most of his day working. He took breaks to play with us and eat with us and go on a walk with us. But most of the day he was at the table working.

It's one of the greatest gifts he will give our children: security. He works so hard to provide for us. He started his company a year ago, knowing the risks. Never once, though, have we worried about us. In the midst of all that work, though, he never fails to show up for us. He takes Evan to the dojo; he kick boxes with Issa; he makes me rest when I need it. He's our rock, and I will be forever glad he is my children's father.

No comments:

Post a Comment