Monday, August 13, 2018

A Glimpse Into the Future

 The boys were away at Mountain Quest this weekend, and Issa and I had truly the best girls' weekend ever!

Friday, we went back to school clothes shopping because Issa grew two inches and truly had nothing to wear. I'm sworn to secrecy on the results, but we were very successful, hit great sales, and she actually loved some of the things I spotted. It was a first. She has officially also moved to the Juniors section, which is pretty much fun. Saturday, we did some cleaning and got our nails done. Most of the weekend, we cooked and binge watched Gilmore Girls.

But this kid:

 This funny, gracious kid:
Well...I really loved hanging out with her this weekend. We laughed so hard. At times, it was more like I was hanging out with a girl friend.

I've heard that if you survive those early years, you get to this point with your daughter. And this weekend, well, I saw a glimpse of what I pray will be our future. I know I still have miles of parenting to get to the next phase, but these weekends make it so worth it. I'm so incredibly grateful to be raising a person I want to hang out with. Here's to many more years of these weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment