Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Wild Week

We are almost back above water around our place. In the midst of Company Camp for Issa and Opening Week for me last week, Brad went down with what we now know was a lovely combo of a migraine, a neck muscle strain, and a tension headache. We saw two hospitals and an urgent care in 36 hours. Not fun. Yesterday, we saw our family doc, got good meds, and we are back in business--mostly. We are very sure we will be back in business this weekend.

What I'm awed by, though, are our people. When Brad went down Tuesday, our neighbor stepped right in with Evan. In fact, Evan basically moved in with them last week, even spending the night one night. Other neighbors took Issa to and from camp. My colleagues covered for me. Brad's dad and Nancy were already planning to visit, but they stepped in and took Evan to the dojo and entertained both kids all weekend so I could focus on Brad without feeling torn. I cried on people's shoulders and got more texts to check on us than I can count. Mom, who was traveling, and my sister picked up every single time I called. They talked me off ledges and made me laugh. Both offered to hop on planes, and I know they would have in a heart beat.

While last week was so scary in so many ways, it was also a lovely reminder of our village and how incredibly grateful I am for them. Now may we never do that again...


No comments:

Post a Comment