Monday, October 14, 2019

Celebrating Life

 This weekend, I was able to soak in some much needed family time. Friday, I got to watch Issa in dance rehearsals. Her teacher thought we looked cute and needed a picture:
I love watching my girl do what she loves, and I loved spending some time with her afterwards watching Downton and doing our nails.

Saturday, I was up bright and early to go to Atlanta for Grandma Dot's Celebration of Life. The Northern crew was well-represented:
 Grandma Dot was the gentlest, most Southern soul I have ever met, and I loved hearing stories about her and just remembering. It was also so good to see all of the Southern cousins. Saturday night Shannon and I also had a hotel room to ourselves for some much needed sister time. I truly can't remember the last time she and I had so much time alone, and it was lovely. We are already plotting to make it happen again.

When I got home, the kiddos were all ready to go out to dinner:
 Evan decided all on his own he wanted to dress up!

You can dress them up, but they are still goofballs:
They will always be my goofballs, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment