Monday, October 7, 2019

It's Finally Fall and a Real Weekend

The temperatures finally feel like fall, and we finally had a weekend without a ton of running or conference prepping, which means we got to soak in some together time and enter the week not behind the eight ball. I almost don't know what to do with myself.

Friday night, Brad and I had our first real date night in weeks. After Issa's successful birthday party, I really wanted to go back to AR Workshop for some fall fun, and Brad indulged me. In a very fun turn of events, we were the only two who signed up for the workshop so we had the place to ourselves! I made this lazy susan:
Brad made us a fall key box:

It was so much fun to laugh and chat while we stained and painted. I love the step-by-step guaranteed success plan, but Brad wanted a little more wild in his art. He did agree it was fun, though, and he will go back with me!

Saturday, the boys spent the morning at the dojo, the girl spent the morning at the studio, and I spent the morning doing yard work. We all met up afterwards for Moe's and some family time, which was so needed. 

Saturday night, Issa, Mom, and I went to see Aladdin! I honestly set the bar pretty low, but it was incredible. We also introduced Issa to her first steak house, which she loved after she got over being overwhelmed by the menu:
 The steak house was a last minute change of plans, so we had no time to talk about it before we sat down. In her world, a steak is a steak, so all of the choices made her nervous. She is also pretty sure that the French names are just too fussy and compound butter should be called such.

Sunday, we went to church, swung by the local coffee shop, and then headed to the pumpkin patch!

The sunflower maze was in full bloom:

 We had too much fun taking pictures:
Brad was super excited by the addition of wagons for hauling pumpkins through the field:
 And Evan was just super excited about this pumpkin:
 We came home and got them all situated on the porch:
We were home in time for lunch, and we spent the rest of the day resting and prepping for the week. I made our first batch of pumpkin puree and seeds for the season, baked two pies, and served fried chicken for dinner. It was the perfect end of a real fall day, and I am so grateful we had the time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment