Monday, January 6, 2020

The Great Christmas Wrap-Up

Today we head back into the regular routine. I'm in the office, the kids are in school, and Brad is enjoying a quiet home office again.

We did have a fabulous Christmas, though, and I reminded again how grateful I am to have people who take pictures because I took zero the entire time we were in Ohio!

Our Christmas celebrating started the Friday before with a girls' trip to the see The Nutcracker. We were all so tired from the final week of work and school before the break, but we loved the production:
The highlight, though, was watching Issa love on these pointe shoes that had been worn by one of her favorite ballerinas:
The low-light was watching the weirdo come home and smell them:
 I love that ballet still makes her so happy, and it was a great way to start the celebrating!

We spent the weekend celebrating at Nana's. Saturday, we had a PJ day:




 We finished the evening by watching the Downton movie, and then we spent Sunday preparing a feast from the Downton cookbook and celebrating. Aunt Shannon captured the traditional package pictures:

 Issa was thrilled by her new make-up set:
 And Evan is in love with his soccer cards:
 Monday we packed up for Napoleon! On Christmas morning, Santa filled the stockings since he had already brought our gifts:
 And Brad and I surprised the kids with their own Echo Dots. We wanted them to have a little something to open on Christmas morning, and this picture is when Brad and Issa figured out how to give them a British accent:
Christmas morning was spent in our PJs again--one last time with all of us matching:
 Adding a generation:

 And one more:
This branch of the family has decided to move our celebrating to July so we can all have a little less crazy on Christmas morning, so this year was a little extra special. We made gingerbread house placemats and bead ornaments while sipping hot cocoa.

Most of the rest of the time in Napoleon was spend playing with Cash, Tyler and Hannah's new puppy. He's three months of golden energy and adorableness!

On the 26th, we headed South and spend time with Brad's side. My favorite moments were my one-on-one moments with each of my nieces and nephew. Adult nieces and nephews are just the coolest, and I love having very real conversations with each of them. We also got to babysit our youngest niece, and I got to play with a light-bright again.

We ended our trip with Papa Don and Grandma Nancy, which is always a nice soft place to land. We played games, watched movies, and picked hickory nuts from the shell. I love our time to just be before the long drive back.

On our way back, we also managed to sneak in a visit with Grandma Judy! We hadn't been to her house in years, and it was so good to talk--even if it was just an hour visit.

I think those are the moments of Christmas I treasure most--all the conversations. I'm looking forward to the next round...

No comments:

Post a Comment