Thursday, October 8, 2020

Day 194: I Joined the Club

After 18 years of faithful service, our crockpot finally died this week. The knob fell off a year ago, but it still worked fine--although a pair of pliers were sometimes necessary to adjust the temperature. This week, though, it turned itself off...and then on...and then off. No good. We use our crockpot at least once a week, so I started researching. I finally just called a friend who loves his InstantPot, and I took the plunge:
This one can be used as an InstantPot or slow cooker, which is really nice. I spent a lot of time reading the manual and assembling last night, and this morning we tried it for oatmeal. Y'all. In about 15 minutes total we had perfect stealcut oats. I'm a believer, and I will be spending the next week pinning new recipes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment