Monday, February 8, 2021

Days 296-297: Thankful for My People

 We had a lovely first two days of the weekend. Brad and I made poutine for date night Friday night, and Issa and I went to mom's Saturday night to rearrange some furniture and watch our first ballet of the year. (We are thrilled the ballet is live-streaming again.)

Yesterday, though, things took a hard turn. I'm mostly fine, but I accidentally got between Inks and Buddy when they were playing, and Buddy hit the back of my knee. The end result is a really sprained left ankle. For a few moments, I literally saw stars and Brad and I were trying to decide if it was broken. I spent the rest of the day in bed with it propped with ice and compression. It hurts--a lot.

Issa spent the entire day with me, keeping me company. I am teaching her to crochet, and she is loving it. Evan was the best little runner, bringing me anything I needed.

Brad was amazing. He has helped me with everything. Yesterday, I couldn't put any weight on it at all, so I needed help with absolutely everything. Today, I can put a little weight on it, so I made it downstairs to the couch with his help. I won't be moving much, and Brad has already offered to bring me lunch and anything else I need. 

I am certain I will be better by tomorrow, but I'm awfully grateful for a family that takes such good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment