Friday, April 16, 2021

Day 394: Yardwork

Yesterday was one of those days at work where I spent most of my time rearranging things I had already finished once. It's no one's fault. Life changes at a crazy pace these days. But...it wasn't a day where I was feeling super accomplished.

By late afternoon, I was just frustrated. I needed to do something where I could see the progress, so I changed clothes and headed outside.

More and more, I'm finding all kinds of yardwork to be so centering. It doesn't require a ton of thought, but it does get me moving and breathing fresh air. I tell my family I am photosynthesizing. It feels good. 

At the end of the day, the weeds were pulled, pruning finished, yard mowed, fertilizer spread, and porch cleaned. You could see where I had been and my mind was cleared. I need to make more time to be outdoors working with the dirt and plants, and I'm going to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment