Monday, June 14, 2021

Days 442-444: A Very Big Weekend

We had a super fun weekend! Friday afternoon, I took the kids shopping. Evan needed some dress clothes, and Issa needed some dance clothes. I'm still not sure about this whole shopping in the men's department thing, but we had a great time, and they both made great choices!

Friday night, Brad and I went out to celebrate my birthday! Issa helped me get ready:

He had made reservations at the Siena Hotel, and we had a beautiful room:
I love the look of these chairs, but they aren't so great for actually sitting:
We also had dinner at their restaurant, Il Palio, and it was absolutely the best meal I've had stateside. We started with crostini, and the chicken pate and whipped ricotta with honey were both incredible. We shared an antipasti of prosciutto with fava beans, Cavender cheese, and arancini oil that was killer. I had an absolutely fabulous Bolognese over hand-cut pappardelle. We both ended with almond cake, and I had Vin Santo--one of the very places I've found it outside of Italy. Our waiter was from Napoli, and it really did feel like being back in my second home.

Saturday, Evan started our D&D game, and we all had a blast! It's so fun to watch him take on this new role.

Sunday, Brad decided it was time to redo the office. We dumped everything:

We started my cleaning out the coat closet so the hall tree could move in there. That cleared a lot of space and opened the room. We also took down the Roman shades and replaced them with some sheer curtains we had from before we redid the living room. We removed some bins and an end table, moved all of the furniture, and the end result gives Brad a move open desk space:
The piano is more of a focal point when you walk in:
And the doorway is more open:
Moving the bar also opened up this entryway, which is lovely:
It was a lot of work for one day, but we are all thrilled by how much more open the downstairs feels, and Brad is much, much happier in this space.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment