Wednesday, March 20, 2024

So Proud

Issa has been doing an internship in an elementary school one day a week for the past two years. Once she decided she wanted to do special ed with a focus on behavior, I wanted to be really sure she knew what she was signing up for. 

Watching her grow has been amazing--especially as it's under the guidance of one of my former students. This week she reached a new level, though. She designed a brand new intervention for one of our friends and then helped teach him how to use it:
He loves Pokemon, so she created his own deck of strategies to help him calm down:
Everything he needs is in the box, and he has successfully been able to use it for two days!

I know I'm biased, but she has a gift, and I'm so excited to watch her use it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment