Monday, December 3, 2012

My Heart Is SO Happy

This was one of those weekends that really couldn't have been any more perfect. We enjoyed Christmas festivities and soaked in some much needed family time. I'm still walking on air.
 
It all started Friday night when Daddy made this incredible apple tart:
 How can a weekend go wrong when it starts like that?

Saturday morning, we were off to the town Christmas parade. The boys joined the crowd:
 Issa and I rode the float with her dance studio with Crystal and Shelby:
 It was a gorgeous day for the parade, and I love seeing the whole town coming out to celebrate. The rest of Saturday included a high quality nap and then some shopping. The kids had each chosen an ornament from the angel tree, and I was so proud as they looked for just the right gift. They were so excited to give and to help...there are no words.

Sunday, we turned our attention to the house. The annual pajama-clad popcorn and cranberry stringing morning:
 Do you see that? Evan picked up a needle this year, too! There are 50 feet of popcorn and cranberries on the tree. Issa did a five foot strand completely on her own! Evan did about six inches all by himself, and then he slid the rest of the popcorn and cranberries down after I threaded them for his five foot chain. I did the other forty feet. I literally got teary sitting on the couch with my two babies each working on a strand while I worked on mine. Then I got giggly as we watched Daddy fight with the lights. The ornaments go on tonight!

Daddy also fought his annual battle with the deer. The roping goes up no problem, but the deer like to put up a fight:
 For one sad moment, the head on Issa's deer was upside down. While Daddy fixed that, the kids and I raked:
 They were both a little annoyed that the leaves had the nerve to fall where we had already raked, but they found a way to entertain themselves:
 And the end result was a holly, jolly house:
 Then, last night, we went to our museum for Santa Train! This year, we were greeted by a whole grove of themed trees. Daddy fell in love with this science test tube tree:
 And they whole museum was all lit up:
 The kids were beyond excited. I believe Issa proclaimed, "I'm in heaven!" I have to admit, I was, too. My sweet boys:
 And my angel with an angel:
 Then the train pulled up:
 Evan could barely contain himself. We boarded for the North Pole:
 And both kids' eyes got huge when we arrived to see Santa. Issa asked for her panda pillow pet:
 Santa proclaimed that an easy one. Then Evan asked for his fire truck:
 Santa explained he has a whole department just for making fire trucks and he had a special one just for Evan. It was more than Evan could handle. I love seeing the magic in their eyes every year.

After a return trip, there were snowflakes to be made:
 And Daddy became the keeper of the cocoa:
 But what cracked me up was the excitement of the coloring:
 For both kids:
Somehow, coloring at the museum was just even more fun. It truly was a magical night to end a perfect weekend. I love this Christmasy time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment