Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Trimming the Tree

The kids and I decorated the Christmas tree yesterday afternoon. The best part of decorating the tree is reliving all of the memories tied to each ornament.
 
Issa loved finding all the ornaments she had made:
 I spent the first stretch of decorating unwrapping ornaments and handing them to Issa and Evan or setting them aside for me to put on the tree.

Issa is so very careful:
 She loved finding just the right spot for all of her ornaments. She was so careful I even let her do some of the glass ones this year.

Evan is not a fan or ornament hooks:
 Look at that concentration. He would much rather have a loop to hang an ornament from, but he did all of the ornaments he made and many of the soft, non-breakable ones.

Once they finished, I put all of the very fragile or very small ornaments up higher on the tree. The kids coached, and we remembered where each ornament came from as we hung it on the tree. I got a little teary over some tiny baby feet ornaments and a few heirloom ornaments. The end result was something spectacular:
(I can't explain Issa's crazy wink.) You can tell exactly where it was easiest for Evan to hang ornaments, but I love that about the tree. I think it's my favorite tree yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment