Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Is the Gig Up?

So...we let Issa open an email account last fall. It has six million parental controls on it, and she goes in spurts where she checks it constantly and then seems to totally forget about it for a while. Imagine my surprise when I got this email yesterday:

 Dear Heather,
        You are sooooooooooooooo nice. I love you. You are the best person ever! I think you should get a award for how nice you are. Did I mention how kind you are? Because you are super kind.








                                          Sincerely,
                                                    Buddy the elf

I was originally all warm and funny because who wouldn't love to get that email. But then I realized: Is the gig up? Was she just having fun, or was this her way of saying she's put all these pieces together? Brad got a very similar email, and we both played it like Buddy borrowed her computer. She gave us no hint as to her thoughts, but I'm a little sad thinking that an era may be ended in our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment