1. We had friends over to celebrate Christmas Friday. Brad and Mom are doing turducken for Christmas, and we attempted just the ducken part. We learned that the tur is really critical for holding it all together! Issa captured this video:
I love how we laugh in our home, and I love having friends that are family.
2. Issa had her Company Christmas party Sunday. This year, the girls made headbands and chemo bags to donate in their teachers' names as their gifts. The girls worked so hard on the projects, and I loved listening to them chatter over lunch.
3. I'm crafting Christmas gifts life there is no tomorrow. I love it!
4. In a bizarro world twist, I'm headed to a work retreat today while Brad chaperones Issa's field trip. I really don't know who is more excited.
5. I volunteered in first grade yesterday afternoon. It's the week before Christmas. There are no words.
6. I had one of those absurdly proud moments last night. Issa asked to skip knitting. We have been go go going, and she decided she really just wanted to spend some time snuggled up as a family. I wish I had learned at 9 that sometimes it's okay to just stay home and say no thank you to something. It was lovely.
7. I have been stoning dance costumes. A gross and a half on one costume. That's over 200 stones for those of you playing along at home.
8. My family has been texting like no tomorrow. Planning for Christmas celebrations. Counting down to being together. It makes me smile.
9. We are counting down to Star Wars and the Nutcracker. We are giddy.
10. The laundry is piling up and I just can't bring myself to care.
11. In the midst of all of this, I'm happy. I love this time of year. I love the magic and the laughter. I love seeing the kids' faces when they find Buddy. I love the music and the excuse to snuggle up with cocoa. And I love that our family chooses to celebrate this way.