Monday, February 27, 2017

A Blur...

This weekend was a bit of a blur! Friday, we had a pop-up play date at our house. The bus crew headed to our house. I love having a houseful--especially a houseful that plays so well together. The boys had an epic nerf battle. Issa entertained the two little girls and sent them home in new dress-up outfits. It was much fun.

Saturday, we spent the w-h-o-l-e day at a dance competition. We were the first and last routines for our studio. I took no pictures. But! I did buy a lot and I will post them once they arrive! I also stole this one from the studio's facebook page:
 The girls won top studio! Issa had a great day dancing, and we couldn't be more proud! Nana also got to experience her first competition. She is going to be the dance mom for Issa at the next competition since I will be in Italy!

After the competition, the kids spent the night at Nana's, which let Brad and I sleep in a bit! I started the day with my new yoga class! I almost chickened out, but Brad made me go and I'm so glad he did. It is a challenging class, but it focuses on releasing tension and being mindful, which is just what I need. I'm a little sore today, but I can't wait to go back!

After class, I had just enough time to shower before Brad and I went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time:
He surprised me with the tickets Friday! It really was an amazing show. The main character has autism, and the stage was designed so that the audience could experience the way he processes sensory information. Between that and watching his relationship with his parents and those struggles, it was a bit of a difficult show to watch. It was one of those where you left thinking, and I'm so glad we got to see it.

We ended the weekend with dinner at Nana's, and now we're launching into a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment