Monday, July 24, 2017

Italian Friends at a North Carolina Lake

Last Thursday and Friday, the kids and I spent two wonderful days at the lake home of one of my colleagues. While a trip to the lake with her family is always fabulous, this one was particularly special because Laura, a teacher friend from Italy, and Michele, her husband, joined us! 

We had so much fun showing them a typical lake experience! The kids were pretty sure that they thought we were crazy if this was our idea of fun:
 When you think about it, pulling kids around behind a very fast boat is a bit odd.

I think everyone's favorite part was our boat ride to watch the sunset:
After such a lovely time in their home when I was in Italy, I was so grateful for the opportunity to return some of the love...and I don't think the kids minded one bit either.

No comments:

Post a Comment