Monday, May 7, 2018

Happy Birthday, Evan!

My baby boy is nine today! I blinked and my baby turned into this hot mess smiling back at me:
 Ever the pragmatic one, Evan asked if we could actually celebrate his birthday last night because "Mondays are always crazy." I think he really wanted his gifts early, but we were happy to oblige. Nana joined us for his choice of grilled chicken and romaine, and there were some gifts.

He and Issa are a little obsessed with water balloons right now, so she got him a cool water balloon pump:
 And Daddy made him a ninja weapon:
 You can't see the long rope with a tennis ball attached at the end. The idea is to use the rope to tie up up your enemy and then use the scythe to finish the job. I see this ending in pain.

We also had cake:
 Evan was not feeling like pictures, so Daddy cracked him up:
 And I finally bribed him lighting his own candles:
 Make a wish big man:
 Evan may be pragmatic, but I'm sentimental, and I couldn't let the birthday morning go quietly, so I filled the end of his bed with balloons:
 He was amused and puzzled when we woke him up:
 And we had one more birthday gift this morning:
 He has his own vivofit jr., which is a lot like a fitbit:
The running step count may be the end of me!

We will celebrate some more throughout the month, but I sure do love this crazy nine year old of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment